Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Two Debates Down, One to Go

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

Obama and McCain have met, and certainly Senator Obama carried both debates in style and substance. I know it, you know it, the only people who don't seem to know it are the MSM who didn't get the blow-up they wanted.

On behalf of DCW, a special "call out" to DCW reader/commenter jinmac, who wrote just after the debate:


If you ask John McShame who won the debate, even he'd say: "That one"
Remember, you heard it hear first.

On MSNBC, after the debate, there was a panel of undecideds in King of Prussia, PA. And while that may be an obscure place to you...if you read my Why post yesterday, well, that oil change place is IN King of Prussia. I kept scanning to see if I knew anyone, but no.

I did however, have the sad misfortune of having a face-to-face conversation with an self-described undecided voter about an hour before the debate. It was the first conversation I've had this election cycle where I actually said "I have to walk away" and then left the building to avoid screaming. I've met racists before, but NEVER has someone stood a foot away from me and used the words "Ku Klux Klan" "kill" and "coloreds" in the same sentence.

And so my thought for today, erev Yom Kippur, is that the polls may look good, but keep up the vigilence, we need a serious margin.

My question for you is that John touched the third rail last night by saying that we would not be able to keep paying Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid the way we have been. I heard that as "benefits cut". I heard him say that health care is not a right. I heard him announce that he has a plan to buy up mortgages without pointing out the provisions for such in the accepted bailout plan (and yeah, since he didn't read the 3 page version, there's no reason to believe he read the longer versions, either.)

Pretend that the MSM actually picks up on what he said.
<

And remember, there are racists out there: keep working!