Sunday, October 12, 2008

It was Only a Matter of Time

WE'VE MOVED! Democratic Convention Watch is now at http://www.DemocraticConventionWatch.com

From the AP:

Republican John McCain vowed Sunday to "whip" Democratic rival Barack Obama's "you-know-what" when the two presidential candidates meet Wednesday in their final televised debate.
Note the word "whip".

Please also note my great restraint in not putting a picture with this post that had an actual whip, men in sheets on horseback, nor burning crosses. And yes, I'm still apoplectic about having heard the word "coloreds" in a question last week, so maybe I'm hypersensitive.

Rumour has it that McCain will launch a new economic initiative today. Perhaps it will be legal.

So, what will John Boy be up to this week?


UPDATE: Politico says that the economic plan will be "middle class" by making dividends and capital gains tax free. CAPITAL GAINS!?!?! DIVIDENDS!?!?!?! Do these people read their brokerage, 401, 403, IRA, Roth and Mutual Fund statements? Maybe I'm dense, but as a middle class American, I'm FAR more concerned with having a gain to pay taxes ON. Is it just me?